Bachelor's Degree in Health Information Administration
As a health information management (HIM) professional, you will play a crucial role in maintaining and managing patient health information and medical records. Your expertise in everything from administering computer systems to coding diagnoses and procedures will provide an important service to patients.
Achieve Your Potential
Your degree in Health Information Administration (HIA) will set you on a course to a rewarding career, working as a link between health care providers, payers and patients. As a registered health information administrator (RHIA), you will be an expert in administering computer information systems (CIS), managing health information, collecting and analyzing patient data and using classification systems and medical terminologies.
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Science in Health Information Administration degree, you will:
- Ascertain the entry-level competencies of AHIMA’s domains and sub-domains for a Registered Health Information Management Administrator (RHIA).
- Practice awareness of cultural, ethnic, gender and lifestyle differences.
- Demonstrate proficiency of written and verbal communication skills necessary for the HIM environment.
- Apply and use the appropriate technology and decision support tools in order to succeed in the HIM setting.
- Demonstrate ethical, professional and legal standards of conduct appropriate for the environment of HIM.