Infection Prevention Course
Infection prevention courses equip students to recognize and take action against infections in various health care settings.
Nurses and other health care personnel dealing with infection prevention issues.
Overall Course Objectives
Upon successful completion, participants will be able to:
- Review the components of an infection prevention program.
- Identify common health care associated infections, resistant organisms and problem infections.
- Interpret current regulations and standards.
- Describe methods of infection prevention and control in a variety of health care settings.
- Discuss methods of surveillance, data analysis and infection rate calculation.
For complete information, download the course brochure.
Preregistration is required. Walk-ins cannot be accommodated. The following registration options are available:
Online: Register online with a credit card.
Phone: Register by phone with a credit card by calling 402.552.6148, 402.552.2311 or 800.647.5500.
In-Person: The Professional Development office is located in the lower level of Clarkson College, and the customer entrance faces the intersection of 42 and Douglas Streets. Our offices are open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CST View a Campus Map
Professional Development Office
PH 402.552.6148 or 402.552.2311 TF 800.647.5500
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CST