The Mission of Clarkson College is to prepare students to professionally provide high quality, ethical and compassionate health care services.
- Learning: The lifelong process of education through both structured and unstructured experiences.
- Caring: An empowering relationship through an attitude of empathy, compassion and respect for those with whom we interact and serve.
- Commitment: Dedication to the shared mission of Clarkson College.
- Integrity: Adherence to moral and ethical standards in personal, professional and organizational actions.
- Excellence: A level of performance in which all individuals strive for extraordinary quality.
Fundamental Values of Academic Integrity
According to the International Center for Academic Integrity, there are five fundamental values that characterize an academic community of integrity:
- Honesty - The quest for truth and knowledge requires intellectual and personal honesty in learning, teaching, research and service. Honesty in the way we utilize information to articulate academic positions and activities related to the pursuit of knowledge and understanding.
- Trust - Academic institutions must foster a climate of mutual trust in order to stimulate the free exchange of ideas.
- Fairness - All interactions among students, faculty and administrators should be grounded in clear standards, practices and procedures.
- Respect - Learning is acknowledged as a participatory process, and a wide range of opinions and ideas is respected.
- Responsibility - An implied contract exists between faculty and students to comport ourselves in upholding the Mission and Values of Clarkson College. A thriving academic community demands personal accountability on the part of all members and depends on action in the face of wrongdoing.
These values represent the principles that bolster how we live and learn in a community actively engaged in intellectual investigation. As members of a community of scholars, we are entitled to academic freedom in the pursuit of intellectual interests. With that freedom, however, comes the responsibility to uphold the highest ethical standards of academic and professional conduct.
Clarkson College is unwavering in its commitment to the ultimate standards of integrity. If students do not live up to these high standards, it compromises not only the value of their education but also their future professional competence. Clarkson College expects all students to pursue their educational aspirations with passion and integrity, honestly completing each course requirement as assigned, as well as demonstrating professionalism in every clinical experience.
Objectives & Resources
Clarkson College has developed this webpage to:
- ensure that all members of the Clarkson College community understand our standards and expectations of behavior.
- familiarize students with Clarkson College Resources designed to help improve their time management and organizational skills.
- The Writing Lab offers systematic assistance on campus and online in getting started on a written assignment, writing a thesis statement, researching, organizing ideas and using APA style.
- The Success Center offers free personal and academic-related counseling services. These support services deal with issues ranging from test anxiety, time management and student organizational skills.
- The Mentoring Program involves a faculty or staff member who individually encourages, guides and supports new students as they successfully adapt to Clarkson College.