Campus Services
Facebook Print Share

Frequently Asked Questions

Expand | Collapse

What hours are the building open?

The main building is open Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Clarkson College students receive a key card that will give them access to the Student Center, the main building lobby door and the third floor Computer Lab during non-business hours (after 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, and all day on Saturday and Sunday). Key cards can be picked up from the Manager of Facilities at the first floor Student Services Suite in the main College building.

Where can I find information regarding employment opportunities at the College?

The College has an Employment Opportunities webpage where current students can search for available work study positions at the College, as well as a series of entry level positions at a variety of local health care establishments.

Why should I attend on-campus New Student Orientation the Friday before classes begin?

At New Student Orientation, you will learn about the many services and opportunities available to you as a Clarkson College student. We will provide you with a student handbook and key card to access various campus facilities during evening hours and weekends. At the conclusion of Orientation, we will take your student ID badge photo and you may purchase your parking pass. Student Ambassadors will provide optional tours of our campus and Residence Hall.

How do I purchase or rent my books? Can I get a list of needed textbooks before the semester starts?

Books may be purchased in the Clarkson College Bookstore, located in the Student Center, during regular store hours or on the Bookstore website. Here, you will find ISBN numbers and retail prices for your textbooks. Please bring a copy of your schedule if purchasing your textbooks on campus.

Where do I purchase my scrubs/uniform?

Uniforms are discussed within each course during the first week of school in the student syllabus.

Do most students bring a computer to college with them?

Owning a personal computer is not required; however, students will need frequent access to a computer. Therefore, for the sake of convenience, many students do choose to bring their own computer. On campus, computers are available for students in the Computer Lab on the third floor, in the Library on the second floor and in various locations throughout the Student Center.

If I purchase a computer, what are the hardware and software recommendations?

The current hardware and software recommendations are listed in the Online Education Manual.

How do I access my online courses?

There are two ways to access your online courses. On the Clarkson College website, click “Online Campus” at the top of the page. Alternatively, you can type into your browser's address bar. It is recommended that you bookmark this URL for easy access.

When can I access Online Campus?

Online education courses are available the first day of the semester.

How do I locate a testing proctor for my online courses?

Many online courses will require a test proctor where students can complete their exams. Your instructor will inform you if a proctor is needed once your class begins. By default, the Test Proctor for all on-campus students taking an online course is the Testing Center, located on the lower level of the main Clarkson College building. However, if you are unable to use the on-campus facility, you must find a qualified alternate proctor in your area, and then complete the Test Proctor Change form. Review detailed instructions

How do I schedule my online course exams?

Online course exams are scheduled through the Proctor Exam Online Appointment Scheduling System.

How do I receive my login and password information for Self-Service, Webmail and Online Campus?

Your login and password information are located in the registration packet your advisor gives you. If you are a distance student, this information will be mailed to you. More information regarding online resources

When and how do I pay for my tuition?

Student account balances must be paid in full, or a signed payment agreement must be submitted to the Student Accounts department, before the third week of the semester. You may submit your payments online or on campus through the Student Accounts department.

What do I do to get my past student loans deferred?

A student’s enrollment information will be updated via the Clearing House/National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS); or, the student can file Deferment forms to defer/postpone payments when the student is enrolled at least half-time. Students who have Perkins or Federal Nursing Loans will need to complete deferment forms each semester they are enrolled. Students can get deferment forms from their lender (the school) where they borrowed the funds. For more information on loan deferments, e-mail or call the Student Financial Services department at 402.552.2749.

When can I get my refund check?

If there is a credit balance on your student account, a refund check will be issued. You may also pick up your refund check from the Student Accounts office, located on the first floor of the main building, on Monday afternoons. Otherwise, the refund check will be mailed to the address listed with the Registrar's office. For more information, visit the Refund Checks webpage.

When/how do I register for first semester?

Before enrolling in courses at Clarkson College, individuals must be accepted through the completion of the application process. For more information, please contact the Admissions office at 402.552.3100. Once all admission requirements have been met, accepted students should call to schedule an appointment for advising and registration.

When can I access Self-Service?

You are able to access Self-Service once you have registered for classes and have been given your login and password information.

What are the dates of the semester(s) to drop/withdrawal a course?

The academic calendar lists the drop/withdrawal dates for upcoming semesters. All information regarding course withdrawal deadlines for tuition refunds can be found on the Tuition Refund Schedules page.

I've earned credit hours at previous institutions. Are they accepted at Clarkson College?

Credit hours earned at other regionally accredited institutions may be transferred as acceptable credit to Clarkson College according to the guidelines specified in the Clarkson College academic catalog.

How do I go about adding a minor?

If you wish to add a minor to your course of study, begin by meeting with your advisor. He/she will help you select the appropriate classes and incorporate them into your degree plan. Your advisor can also assist you with any paperwork you would need to complete to ensure the College is aware of your decision to complete a minor.

How often should I check my Clarkson College e-mail account?

E-mail is a primary means of communication at the College and is used by faculty, staff and students. You should plan to check your Clarkson College e-mail account daily. We recommend that students do not forward their Clarkson College e-mail address to another account. Once your e-mail leaves the Clarkson College domain, we cannot control who has access to it.

Who do I contact with issues getting into Self-Service, Clarkson College e-mail or Online Campus?

Self-Service Support: E-mail the Registrar’s office or call 402.552.3033.
College E-mail (Webmail) Support: Call the Information Services Help Desk at 402.552.3911.
Online Campus Support: E-mail the Online Campus Help Desk or call 877.740.2213.

Where can I get my student parking permit?

When you attend New Student Orientation the Friday before classes begin, you will have an opportunity to purchase your student parking permit. If you are unable to attend New Student Orientation, you will need to visit the University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC) Parking Services office, located in the bookstore on the second floor of the UNMC Student Life Center on 40th and Emile Streets. For more details, review student parking information.

Where can I park if the student parking lots are full?

If the assigned student parking lots do not have any vacant stalls, several locations on The Nebraska Medical Center campus offer commuter parking. View the Student Parking webpage for more details.

Where and when do I receive my student ID badge?

Student ID badges are created from photos taken at New Student Orientation and are printed in the Educational Resource Center, located on the lower level of the main building. Schedule an appointment to pick up your ID badge the following week by calling 402.552.3919. Online students can e-mail a digital photo (jpeg) to the College. We will use the photo to create your student ID badge, which we will then mail to you. The fee for a replacement ID badge is $5.

Where can I get my key card?

To gain access to the main building, computer lab and Student Center after hours and on the weekends, obtain a key card from the first floor Student Services Suite, located in the main building.

What number can be called for campus security?

Campus Security can be called 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The phone number to campus security is 402.559.5111. For more details, review campus safety information.

Why should I sign up for e2Campus?

When campus is closed, a crisis occurs or other news breaks at Clarkson College, e2Campus will call your cell phone, send you a text message and e-mail your student account with an immediate alert. Contact Kari Kelly, Manager of Facilities, at 402.552.3036 or via e-mail if you have any questions. Sign up for e2Campus

When can I move into housing?

Move in day for the fall semester is scheduled the Thursday before classes start. For the spring and summer semesters, students make an appointment to move in by contacting the Housing office via e-mail or by calling 402.991.4825. For more information about the Residence Hall, visit the Housing webpage or Facebook page.

What is my bed size for on-campus housing?

Each bedroom in the Residence Hall is equipped with an extra-large twin-size bed.

When do I receive information about my roommates?

The Housing office will send out roommate letters at the end of June for students moving in for the following fall semester. Individual move in times will be scheduled for students beginning classes in the spring or summer semesters. The Housing office can be contacted via e-mail or by calling 402.991.4825.

Where can I get help adjusting to living away from home?

A great resource is our counselor on campus. She can help with a variety of topics, including homesickness, test anxiety, depression, etc. She is available every Thursday, and her office is in the Success Center, located on the second floor of the Student Center. To schedule an appointment, simply e-mail or call the Success Center Coordinator at 402.552.2694.

Students living in the Residence Hall can get in touch with anyone on the Residence Life Team to help with being away from home for the first time (Resident Advisor, Residence Hall Coordinator or Student Center Director).

Off-campus counseling is also available through Arbor Family Counseling. Appointments can be scheduled by calling 402.330.0960.

Does every student receive an on-campus mailbox?

Students can send inner-campus mail and postal mail through the specified dropboxes located on the lower level of the Student Center. Students living in the Residence Hall can receive incoming mail through the personal mailbox they are assigned on their move in day. The residential mailboxes are also located on the lower level of the Student Center.

If I am sick or injured, where should I go for care?

Clarkson College, in partnership with Clarkson Family Medicine, offers student Health Services for enrolled Clarkson College students. Provided the proper procedures are followed, Clarkson College will cover the cost of your insurance co-pay or out of network office visit. This service is intended to provide students with access to acute health care services in a convenient manner and location. Acute health care services do not include additional lab tests, procedures or X-rays. These types of additional services will be the financial responsibility of the student and/or their parents. For more information, review the Student Health Services section of the Student Handbook.

Do I need a car at college?

Depending on your program and class requirements, you may need to travel to different clinical sites in the Omaha area. The College also offers a limited number of free Metro bus passes to students who do not live on campus. The Metro Bus System offers a wide variety of pick-up and drop-off points throughout the Omaha-Metro area.


Request Info
Career Area of Interest
Degree Level
Degree Level
Specific Program

Specific Program

Specific Program

Specific Program

Specific Program

Specific Program

Desired Starting Term
First Name
Last Name
City State Zip