Restorative Aide Online Course
Add to your nurse aide skills and learn how to provide efficient restorative care to residents.
What is a restorative nursing program? In many health care facilities, nursing interventions are utilized that promote residents' ability to live as independently and safely as possible. A Restorative Aide functions in an expanded nurse aide role as they perform duties to help residents function as normally as possible. These duties go beyond rehabilitation; they are a process of therapeutic treatments or approaches that restore and maintain the highest level of functioning a resident can possess.
In the Restorative Aide course, you will learn how to assist a resident in achieving and maintaining optimal physical, mental and psychosocial function. Take the next step and expand your capabilities.
This is a non-credit Professional Development course. College credit is not provided.
Competency Assessment Requirements
- Must currently be a nurse aide and on a state registry (does not matter which state)
- Be 16 years of age
- Able to speak, read, write and understand English
- Be in good health and able to lift 50 lbs.
All materials are supplied in the online course. There is no required textbook.
The Restorative Aide course is offered online over a two (2) week period. There are online lectures, reading, discussions, assignments and tests with due dates. A student may work at their own pace on their own schedule.
Requirements for Successful Completion
- A minimum of 32 hours participating in the Restorative Aide online course is required. The amount of time spent online participating in the course is recorded by the learning management system.
- Completion of course assignments and participation in online discussions is required.
- An average grade of 70% or higher on all assignments, discussions and course tests is required for passing.
Tuition is $215.00 per person.
Student must have access to:
- A computer with speakers or the ability to use headphones to hear audio
- Reliable internet access with an updated browser
- The most current version of Java software (it is free).
This course does not require any in-person class, lab or clinical sessions.
Cancellation Policy & Refund Information
If you cannot participate in the Restorative Aide course you registered for, you must fill out a Drop/Cancellation Form. Paperwork must be completed, signed and returned to the Professional Development office before you can be officially dropped from the course. You will be responsible for paying the course fee if you do not drop/cancel the course within the cancellation guidelines.
- Drop/Cancellation Form received five (5) business days or more prior to start of the course will receive a refund minus a 10% withdrawal fee.
- If a Drop/Cancellation Form is received four (4) business days or less before start of course, no refund will be given.
- All refunds will be sent to the address on file within 60 days. If course fee was paid with a credit card, a refund is issued to the same credit card.
Click here to open a Drop/Cancellation Form.
A refund is not provided, nor is transfer allowed, for failure to attend/participate or meet course requirements for successful completion.