Program Specific Competency Goals
Upon completion of the Associate of Science in Health Information Technology degree, graduates will:
- Ascertain the entry-level competencies of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) domains and sub-domains for a Registered Health Information Management Technician (RHIT). (Communication, Critical Thinking, Technology, Professionalism, Diversity)**
- Identify cultural, ethnic, gender, and lifestyle differences. (Diversity)**
- Demonstrate proficiency of written and verbal communication skills necessary for the (HIM) environment. (Communication)**
- Apply and use the necessary technology and decision support tools in order to succeed in the HIM setting. (Technology)**
- Exhibit ethical, professional and legal standards of conduct appropriate for the environment of HIM. (Professionalism)**
**Categories denoted in the parentheses represent relationship to Clarkson College’s student success skills, which are our institutional student learning outcomes, and include Communication, Technology, Critical Thinking, Diversity, and Professionalism.
|First Time Board Pass Rate||60%||N/A||100%|
|Overall Board Pass Rate||60%||N/A||100%|
|National Average Board Pass Rate||71%||N/A||67%|
|Job Placement/Employment Rate*||100%||100%||100%|
* Employment rates taken from returned graduate surveys, employer surveys, and graduates report to program individually.
** Students tracked through completion of degree (7 years). 3-year average reported. Majority of students in program are part-time students.