Bachelor of Science in Health Information Administration - Transfer Option
The Clarkson College Bachelor of Science degree in Health Information Administration program offers a transfer option for prospective students who have earned an associate’s degree from an accredited institution. This option, commonly known as the 2+2 program, allows such students to transfer in a maximum of 70 credit hours, making it possible to complete the bachelor’s degree program in as little as two years.
The Health Information Administration 2+2 program is ideal for individuals who have a background or interest in health care information systems, coding, data analysis, record management or leadership. The program coursework, capstone and internship experience will develop your proficiency in these areas, as well as prepare you with the administrative skills that are essential for effectively managing departments that are responsible for inputting, maintaining and reporting health data.
The program is offered entirely online with part-time and full-time options available. Students also have the ability to add a Health Care Business minor to supplement their bachelor’s degree.
An additional benefit is the early testing integrated into the curriculum, which enables you to sit for your RHIA certification exam prior to graduating. As a certified RHIA, you will:
- Be an expert in managing patient health information and medical records, administering computer information systems, collecting and analyzing patient data and using classification systems and medical terminologies.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of medical, administrative, ethical and legal requirements and standards related to health care delivery and the privacy of protected patient information.
- Manage people and operational units, participate in administrative committees and prepares budgets.
- Interact with all levels of an organization—clinical, financial, administrative, and information systems—that employ patient data in decision-making and everyday operations.
|First Time Board Pass Rate||100%||100%||60%|
|Overall Board Pass Rate||100%||100%||60%|
|National Average Board Pass Rate||68%||69%||72%|
|Job Placement/Employment Rate*||100%||100%||100%|
* Employment rates taken from returned graduate surveys, employer surveys, and graduates report to program individually.
** Students tracked through completion of degree (7 years). 3-year average reported. Majority of students in program are part-time students.
The Health Information Technology Associate Degree Program, Health Information Administration Baccalaureate Degree program, and the Health Information Administration Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Degree programs are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM).