Program Specific Competency Goals
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Business with Major in Health Information Administration degree, graduates will:
- Ascertain the entry-level competencies of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) domains and sub-domains for an RHIA professional. (Commuication, Critical Thinking, Technology, Professinalism, Diversity)**
- Communicate effectively within the healthcare environment. (Communication)**
- Demonstrate professional, ethical, and legal standards of conduct appropriate in the HIM setting. (Professionalism)**
- Use appropriate technology and decision support tools in order to succeed in the healthcare setting. (Technology)**
- Respect cultural, ethnic, gender and lifestyle differences in the workplace and community. (Diversity)**
**Categories denoted in the parentheses represent relationship to Clarkson College’s student success skills, which are our institutional student learning outcomes, and include Communication, Technology, Critical Thinking, Diversity, and Professionalism.
|First Time Board Pass Rate||100%||100%||100%|
|Overall Board Pass Rate||100%||100%||100%|
|National Average Board Pass Rate||76%||80%||68%|
|Job Placement/Employment Rate*||100%||100%||100%|
* Employment rates taken from returned graduate surveys, employer surveys, and graduates report to program individually.
** Students tracked through completion of degree (7 years). 3-year average reported. Majority of students in program are part-time students.