Program Specific Competency Goals
Upon successful completion of a degree in Health Care Services, graduates will:
- Demonstrate proficiency in communication by organizing ideas clearly and effectively in written formats. (Communication)**
- Incorporate communication strategies in collaborative relationships with clients and their families, community organizations, and/or other stakeholders. (Communication)**
- Utilize critical thinking and problem solving skills to analyze community health needs. (Critical Thinking)**
- Practice awareness of cultural, ethnic, age, gender, and lifestyle differences. (Diversity)**
- Utilize evolving technologies proficiently in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of community health care. (Technology)**
- Demonstrate ethical and professional conduct appropriate to the community health environment. (Professionalism)**
**Categories denoted in the parentheses represent relationship to Clarkson College’s student success skills, which are our institutional student learning outcomes, and include Communication, Technology, Critical Thinking, Diversity, and Professionalism.
|HCS is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
There are no Board exams for HCS.
|Job Placement/Employment Rate**||100%||100%||100%|
*Data is incomplete at this time as the Health Care Services program started in Spring 2012. Students are tracked through completion of degree (6 years). Majority of students in program are part-time.
**Post-Associate’s degree students generally complete their degree in 4 semesters or less. Job placement data reflects this group of students.