Upon successful completion of the Post-Baccalaureate certificate in Health Information Administration or Bachelor of Science degree in Health Information Administration programs, graduates will:
- Ascertain the entry-level competencies of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) domains and sub-domains for an RHIA.
- Practice awareness of cultural, ethnic, gender and lifestyle differences.
- Demonstrate proficiency of written and verbal communication skills necessary for the health information management (HIM) environment.
- Apply and use the necessary technology and decision support tools in order to succeed in the HIM setting.
- Demonstrate ethical, professional and legal standards of conduct appropriate for the environment of HIM.