Scholarships are awarded each year to students who demonstrate qualities such as—but not limited to—outstanding academic achievement, leadership involvement and financial need. The funds come from multiple sources and do not have to be repaid.
For most scholarships, eligibility for a merit-based and/or need-based scholarship is determined at the time the student is first admitted to an undergraduate program at Clarkson College and are based on prior academic strengths and financial need as determined by the student’s FAFSA. Typically, the student will retain scholarship eligibility for subsequent academic years, as long as the following criteria are met:
- Undergraduate student.
- Enrolled at least half-time (six credit hours).
- Maintain the Satisfactory Academic Progress standards.
- Maintain minimum grade point average requirements
The first step to be considered for scholarships is to be admitted to Clarkson College in an undergraduate program. We encourage you to apply for admission early with the intent to meet the first application deadline for your program of interest.
Scholarships are awarded to new, incoming undergraduate students only.
- Must have cumulative GPA of at least 3.4 on 4.0 scale.
- Must have an ACT score greater than or equal to 24 (within two years of high school graduation).
- Must be an incoming undergraduate Clarkson College student.
- Must be granted full acceptance (not conditional) as a degree-seeking undergraduate student at Clarkson College.
Clarkson College is selective, and fulfillment of minimum scholarship academic requirements is not a guarantee of award. Students will be considered for scholarships following their acceptance. Students who are accepted early will be given priority. Top canidates may be invited to campus for an interview.
The priority deadlines for scholarships are as follows:
- Fall scholarships: March 1
- Spring scholarships: Oct. 15
- Summer scholarships: Feb.1
Scholarship amounts are based on the student's full time enrollment status (12 or more credit hours) and will be prorated for three-quarter time (9-11 credit hours) and half-time (6-8 credit hours) enrollment.
Please complete and submit the online scholarship application.
- Must be a racial minority student (Hispanic, American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian, Black or African American, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander).
- Must meet the eligibility requirements for employment at Nebraska Medicine.
- Must have at least 2.5 GPA on 4.0 scale from high school or previous college.
- Must plan to enroll full-time at Clarkson College in the Nursing program, earning a Bachelor's degree upon graduation.
- Must successfully complete summer internship program at Nebraska Medicine.
- Maintain 2.5 GPA for scholarship renewal.
The application requirements are listed on the application form. Review the endowed scholarship criteria to view the requirements that are unique to some endowed scholarships.
- Available to currently enrolled Clarkson College students.
- Notification is sent to students via Clarkson College student e-mail.
- The amount of each award is based on fund availability.
Note: Endowed scholarships are available to current students only.
Download endowed scholarship etiquette
Awards are not renewable. However, recipients may reapply on an annual basis.
To find information about outside scholarship opportunities, students should try:
Army ROTC enables students to complete their degrees at Clarkson College while training to become officers in the United States Army Nursing Corps. Army ROTC offers two, three and four year scholarships that pay full tuition, a monthly stipend totaling $4,500 per year and $1,200 per year for books. The NCLEX exam is also paid. Graduates are guaranteed a full-time job starting at $43,000 per year, increasing to $75,000 per year after four years. Additionally, fully funded graduate opportunities are available after graduation.
To apply, students should contact:
Maj. Dennis Murphy, Enrollment & Scholarship Officer
2500 California Plaza
Omaha, NE 68178
PH 402.250.1155 CP 402.312.8428