Complaints by the public may be verbal or written. Verbal complaints are considered informal and written complaints submitted through the public complaint form below are considered formal. Clarkson College student or employee complaints are addressed through the Grievance Policies.
- Informal (verbal) compliants by members of the public in person, via phone or email are directed to the Vice President of Operations (VPO). The VPO reviews and distributes the complaint to the appropriate college department director or administrator.
- The department director or administrator addresses the compliant by communicating with the complainant.
- If the informal process does not result in a mutually satisfactory resolution, the member of the public may put their complaint in writing using the complaint form available on the Clarkson College website and move to the formal complaint process.
- Formal (written) complaints submitted on the complaint form by members of the public are directed to the Vice President of Operations (VPO). The VPO reviews and distributes the complaint to the appropriate college department director or administrator.
- The director or administrator addressing the complaint gathers information relevant to the complaint.
- A written response, by the designee to address the complaint, is sent to the complainant. A copy of the complaint and the written response will also be sent to the VPAA and VPO.
- If the complainant is not satisfied with the response, he/she may file a written complaint to the College President utilizing the same complaint form. In such cases, the President will gather information and provide a final written response to the complainant with a copy to the VPAA and VPO. The written response from the President is final. There is no appeal to this process.