Students must have a health insurance plan for a full academic year. The College does not have a group plan for students.

Proof of Insurance

Documentation required for proof of insurance:

  • A copy of the insurance card (with student name). If student's name is not on the card, request an enrollment verification letter (on company letterhead and signed, proof of payment from insurance company with coverage dates effective).
  • VA credible coverage letters are acceptable. Valid Military ID is acceptable for Tricare/Deers health insurance. Please submit a copy front and back of a valid military ID. If submitting as an active duty member or retiree and you have a TRICARE Card, you must submit a letter (a letter from DEERS is acceptable) from your carrier along with your card. Contact numbers for DEERS-800.538.9552 and/or TriWest-1-877-988-9378.

Available Resources

E.J. Smith - Student Security Plan

Affordable Care Act Website
Obama Care in Nebraska

The Government Marketplace
How do I apply for marketplace coverage?

International Students
Student Health Insurance