Accepting Your Financial Aid

Before Student Financial Services can disburse your financial aid, you must first accept, decline or reduce the awards offered to you through MyCC. The amount that is disbursed is determined by the number of credit hours you are enrolled in at the time of disbursement. If your financial aid file is complete, your available financial aid will be credited to your Clarkson College tuition, fees, on-campus housing balances (if applicable) and other charges a few days before the start of each semester, or as soon as your file is complete after the semester as begun.

Remaining Funds

Excess funds constitute the amount of your aid that is left after tuition, fees, and on-campus housing balances (if applicable) and other charges have been deducted. Clarkson College will mail a refund check to the address you have on record with the Registrar’s office starting the first week of the semester. You may pick-up your refund check in the Student Accounts office; however, you must first call that office to hold your check. Many students use their refund check to help cover the cost of textbooks purchased at the Clarkson College Bookstore.

If a balance remains after financial aid is received, you are responsible to pay the outstanding balance by the tuition payment date. Contact the Student Financial Services department for information about payment plans or consider other funding options.

Repayment of Financial Aid

If at any point you withdraw from your courses at Clarkson College, you may be required to return/repay a certain percentage of federal financial aid that was or could have been disbursed. The amount of repayment required is based on formulas mandated by the Federal government. Federal funds that may have to be returned, in order of their required return, are Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loans, Federal Direct Subsidized Loans, Federal Direct PLUS Loans, Federal Pell Grants and Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG).