Bachelor of Science in Health Information Administration
The Clarkson College Bachelor of Science in Health Information Administration (HIA) program is designed for college students or individuals who have not earned a Bachelor’s degree and are seeking certification as a registered health information administrator (RHIA). Whether entering the program with medical coding experience or as someone new to the field, you will learn to fulfill the key responsibilities of a health information manager, including how to thoroughly process, analyze and securely report patient health data across various health care systems.
Courses for the Bachelor’s degree in HIA program are offered 100 percent online and on a full- or part-time basis. If you have previously attended an accredited college or university, you may be able to transfer in relevant credit hours, allowing you to complete your degree in an accelerated format.
The HIM program has integrated early testing into the curriculum, enabling you to sit for your RHIA certification exam prior to graduating. As a certified RHIA, you will:
- Be an expert in managing patient health information and medical records, administering computer information systems, collecting and analyzing patient data and using classification systems and medical terminologies.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of medical, administrative, ethical and legal requirements and standards related to health care delivery and the privacy of protected patient information.
- Manage people and operational units, participate in administrative committees and prepares budgets.
- Interact with all levels of an organization—clinical, financial, administrative, and information systems—that employ patient data in decision-making and everyday operations.
|First Time Board Pass Rate||100%||100%||100%|
|Overall Board Pass Rate||100%||100%||100%|
|National Average Board Pass Rate||80%||68%||69%|
|Job Placement/Employment Rate*||100%||100%||100%|
* Employment rates taken from returned graduate surveys, employer surveys, and graduates report to program individually.
** Students tracked through completion of degree (7 years). 3-year average reported. Majority of students in program are part-time students.
The Health Information Technology Associate Degree Program, Health Information Administration Baccalaureate Degree program, and the Health Information Administration Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Degree programs are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM).