Doctor of Nursing Practice
The Clarkson College online Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program prepares advanced practice and licensed registered nurses to lead the way in enhancing the quality and safety of the nation’s health care delivery systems
The DNP practice-focused doctorate program addresses the most contemporary aspects of expert clinical practice and offers in-depth knowledge in leadership, health care systems design and evaluation, and emphasizes evidence-based practice and applied research.
Choose from our flexible program options:
- BSN-DNP Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner – Degree Plan
- BSN-DNP Family Nurse Practitioner – Degree Plan
- DNP – Degree Plan
We Make Our DNP Program Practical for Full-time Professsionals
The DNP curriculum is designed for convenient, flexible online study as well as full- or part-time options. As you progress from course to course, you will:
- Solidify your knowledge of patient care through the application of clinical scholarship and integrate nursing sciences and theories to improve health care delivery systems. The program requires a minimum of 300 clinical hours to meet specific DNP competencies.
- Enhance your leadership and communication skills to lead interprofessional teams in creating innovative solutions for complex health care delivery systems.
- Apply the principles of disease prevention strategies as well as develop, implement, and evaluate health promotion policies to provide better patient outcomes and address gaps in care for population health.
The final requirement of the DNP program consists of a rigorous scholarly project and residency experience that demonstrates your ability to translate scientific research into evidence-based, client-centered health care practice.